Monday 20 January 2014

Everyday skincare


The key to my everyday skincare routine is simplicity. I try to make it as minimal as possible for two reasons: I'm quite lazy and overloading skin with products hasn't really been a benefit for me. My skin is a mix between dry and normal but also there's some acne prone areas: chin and forehead.
When it comes to cleanser - Clinique's Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser is the bomb. It has no fragrance and other nastyness in, has a mousse texture and cleanses the skin gently without stripping.
For some exfoliation I use Arnaud Rituel Visage, the beads in it are quite small and don't irritate the skin or make it red, which is always a pleasant thing.
Next step - toner. I either use an Avene Thermal water which is refreshing and makes the skin feel awake, or the La Roche-Posay' Micellar Solution that isn't technically a toner, but is nice before applying make up.
My two favorite moisturizers are Effaclar duo and Hydreane legere - both from La Roche-Posay. Effaclar duo is targeted towards the skin with imperfections and calms down spots and redness quite well. The Hydreane, as the name suggests, is a hydrating moisturizer for sensitive skin, I apply it either before Effaclar Duo, or on its own, if my skin isn't irritated. Occasionally I use Bioderma's Sebium AKN serum, which reduces imperfections, but tingles severely on my skin, so I don't get on with it as much.
I've only recently purchased an eye cream, just to see what it's like, the one from Garnier is affordable and to my opinion does the job at moisturizing the under-eye area. Next time I will probably buy something more fancy - a Caudalie one.
If I had more money to spend on skincare, I'd load my cart with Nuxe products. The quality is amazing, the texture, the smell... I love them all. In my stash I own a couple of cult numbers - Reve de Miel lip balm, which I'm sure you've heard of, a Huile Prodigieuse, which is a dry oil and can be applied anywhere, including hair, but personally I like it on my face, as a night serum. The last product is a Reve de Miel hand cream. It's so rich and smells divine!
So that's all I use day-to-day, tell me about your favorite products. Any recommendations from the French drugstore?
Lots of love.
Nika xx


No comments:

Post a Comment