Monday 20 January 2014

Throwback edit: Amsterdam

I haven't travelled a lot, but my soul craves visiting new places, I'm flicking through pictures of London or Berlin on tumblr and sigh with sadness. If only I could live there, or just spend there a few days. Last spring my mom surprised me with a European tour, so we explored some magnificent places in just two weeks. Amsterdam stole my mind and my soul. I've never been anywhere as cozy, as friendly and as colorful.
The fact that you can rarely see blinds or curtains on the windows just blew me away! In Ukraine, people try their hardest to conceal their private life, hide behind the curtains, but here - everything is transparent, so clean and elegant. Big fancy cars are such a rare find, because these little vintage ones look natural in such a rustic, but modern, environment.
We were lucky enough to visit the Van Gogh's museum, as it has just opened and that time - the queues were huge, but we've managed to get in. The whole place was so nicely organized, the staff couldn't be more friendly, but the paintings! Oh, you just have to see them.
This picture makes me want to come back. The little boats, the dancing buildings, pots with fresh flowers. It's like a little gingerbread fairytale, and it looks like this without smoking some pot :D
These are some main and the most lovely purchases I've made there. Don't judge, I love seeing what people are buying, especially while traveling. The top is from COS, as well as the sandals, they are leather and were 99 Euros if I'm not mistaken. The Fry Chronicles and the yellow Moleskine I got at the American Book Center, which is a huge book shop and it's gorgeous. My mom literally had to drag me out of there, because I wanted to buy everything I saw!
Have you ever been to Amsterdam? Maybe you live there?
Lots of love.
Nika xx

1 comment: